IT Helpdesk Technician
The Woodlands, TX
We are looking for a motivated, reliable IT Helpdesk Technician that will be responsible for supporting ministries across the organization, and helping them utilize technology to perform ministry duties more effectively. This role reports directly to the IT Director and requires a willingness to assist with whatever technology needs arise on a daily basis. This generalist technology role involves creative problem solving, quick thinking and a heart for serving others. You must be a self-starter with exceptional attention to detail, the ability to see opportunities for continuous improvement, and the drive to deliver high-quality work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist IT Director in whatever capacity is needed to support the ministries and missions of Woodlands Church on a daily basis.
- Work an hourly schedule as determined by supervising director.
- Attend regular Scrum Meetings with team to understand priorities and provide status updates.
- Monitor Helpdesk Tickets, complete them within determined Service Level Agreement (SLA), and provide updates and details on resolution prior to closing.
- Maintain accurate documentation regarding processes and procedures in the IT department.
- Provide a calming disposition when assisting staff and reassure users that their needs will be addressed and seen to a resolution.
- Be available to listen to the needs of staff related to IT equipment (ex. computers, printers, etc.) and provide guidance that will meet their needs.
- Interact with and support third party vendors used by the church for IT services.
- Seek out opportunities for improvement across the church’s IT environment
- Support the goals and values of Woodlands Church and its leadership.
- Ability to follow direction, problem solve through roadblocks and see tasks through to a high quality resolution.
- Continuous learner with a desire to expand expertise in new/different technologies as needed.
- Self-Starter who seeks out opportunities to improve existing processes and procedures.
- Customer service mindset and a calming, friendly, demeanor.
- Experience using/supporting Windows and Mac computers and iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure and networking concepts.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and technical writing skills.
- Project management and organization skills, with the ability to work in a high-volume production environment with tight deadlines and fast turnarounds.
- Must be able to work as part of a broader team and communicate effectively.
- A general willingness to do whatever is asked to support Woodlands Church and its mission of reaching people for Christ.
Apply for the IT Helpdesk Technician Role at Woodlands Church:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org