Facilities – HVAC Technician
The Woodlands, TX
Woodlands Church is looking to add an experienced HVAC technician to our Facilities team! This role will focus on maintaining, servicing, installing and repairing heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment on our campuses. This role requires a high level of technical knowledge and expertise. This is a full-time role, with weekend and on-call availability required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect, modify, install, maintain, and repair ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment, including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, evaporators, condensers, pumps, automatic and hand valves, and expansion valves.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of HVAC units, electrically operated air-conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs; service and repair.
- Establish schedules and procedures for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual preventive maintenance requirements.
- Identify maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed; connect motors to control panels.
- Install, rebuild, replace, or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary.
- Perform emergency repairs promptly/efficiently.
- Keep daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensure compliance with service and safety standards, in accordance with manufacturer requirements and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 8+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Texas Certified ACR HVAC Technician
- EPA 608 Certification for Handling Refrigerants
- Valid driver’s license with clear driving record
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and installation of small and commercial split and packaged unit systems
- Experience conducting preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs for air handler units and associated sensors, dampers, controls and actuators up to 50 tons
- Experience with maintaining chill water piping systems and associated sensors and valves.
- Proficient in balancing air and water systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading drawings, schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on holidays.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven time-management skills; high level of self-initiative
- Ability to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment
To apply: send resume, cover letter, and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org