Our mission is to help people experience Christ rather than man’s creation of religion, so they can grow strong in Christ and take the Christ experience to the world. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, that He loves you unconditionally and has a plan and a purpose for your life.
What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired; that it contains no errors in the original manuscripts and preserved by God for us; that it is authoritative for the church and each of us for every age.
- We believe that God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are one God.
- We believe God created the universe by His Power and Word.
- We believe that God is all knowing, all powerful and ever present.
- We believe Jesus Christ was sent by God the Father into the world to save sinners.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was virgin born, sinless in life and mighty in words and deeds.
- We believe Jesus was both God and man, that He was crucified for our sins, and was bodily raised from the dead. He then ascended to His Father’s side where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers.
- We believe Jesus Christ is coming again personally, visibly and bodily to reign as Lord.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a person, is God, and has all the divine characteristics. He indwells all believers, baptizes and seals them at the moment of salvation. He fills them in response to confession of sin as they surrender to Him.
- We believe that Jesus, through His death on the cross, provided salvation for all. However, to receive salvation one must repent of sin and trust Jesus Christ alone. The true believer is eternally secure and cannot lose his salvation. He may, however, lose his joy by sin and bring the loving discipline of the Father upon himself.
- All who have received Christ will, at death, depart to be with Christ in their spirits and, at Christ’s return, receive a new body which will be like His glorious body.
- We practice tithing for the support of Christ’s body, the church, as God commands. We recognize that giving 10% of our income is the Biblical standard of giving. “Honor the Lord by giving Him the first part of all your income, and He will fill your barns with wheat and barley and overflow your wine vats with the finest wines.” Proverbs 3:9-10 (TLB)
- We believe a New Testament church is a local body of believers who have agreed together to experience Christ in such a way that they impact the community and the world.
- The church has two ordinances: Baptism and Communion. Baptism symbolizes the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the new life we have in Him. Communion is a reminder of Christ’s death and anticipates His second coming.
- We believe God answers prayer and is the key to His power. It shows our dependence on Him.