Social Media Manager
The Woodlands, TX
- Full-Time Position
- Health and Insurance Benefits
- Flexible Hours
- Paid Time Off
We’re looking for an outgoing, technology-loving Digital Media Strategist to join our creative team and contribute immediately! With the diversity of tasks that arise here, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of platforms that range from social media to email marketing, media distribution to online community management, and much more. If you have a go-getter attitude and the willingness to take on any digital media challenge thrown at you, read on to see if you might be a perfect fit for this role.
- Create, edit, publish and share consistent, relevant content (original text, images, video or HTML) that creates meaningful moments of connection for our online community
- Equip and organize photography and social media volunteer team
- Daily interaction with our online community through intentional messaging and comment and response management
- Set up and optimize ministry pages within the local church to increase visibility and traffic of the ministry’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content online within the moderation policy for the ministry
- Create and maintain a media distribution list to help promote church life moments and major events
- Maintain weekly media uploads to all web and digital marketing channels
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Work with leadership to help develop, establish and maintain annual marketing strategies to meet ministry objectives
- Create and monitor email marketing campaigns to maintain relationships with both our local and global communities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (Communications, Marketing and Media majors preferred).
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, terms and strategies.
- Outstanding organization and communication skills.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and verbal skills.
- Copywriting experience.
- Ability to work with others at various levels internally and externally.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment and share tasks.
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments and manage projects.
- Self-motivated, ability to anticipate needs and requirements.
Nice To Haves:
- Receptive to feedback and direction in the pursuit of the excellence
- Facebook and Google advertising experience
- Knowledge of inbound marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Collaborative, flexible, goal-driven personality
- Design skills a huge plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Intermediate video creation and editing skills
40 hrs / wk. Weekend availability required. Flexibility to occasionally work differing hours based on varying seasons.