Mission Statement: Woodlands Church Foster and Adoption Ministry exists to train and equip foster and adoptive families to provide for vulnerable children. We strive to support these families as they fulfill God’s calling to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
- Train Foster and Respite Families: Provide training through Arrow Family Services to license foster and respite families.
- Train Foster Family Babysitters: Provide training through Fostering Families to give families the needed certification to babysit for a foster family.
- Monthly Care Group: Come together to fellowship and find encouragement for foster and adoptive families or those who may be interested.
- Foster Parents Night Out: Provide a much needed night out for foster parents.
- Foster Closet: Provide for the physical needs of foster children.
- Mentorship for Foster Families: Come alongside a family to assist and support them along the fostering journey. (Prior Foster Experience Preferred)
- Honorary Grandparent, Aunt or Uncle: Support a foster family through check-ins, prayer and encouragement.
- Wednesday Night Meal for CWOP: Provide a meal and spend time with children who are currently without a placement.
- Partnership with Angel Reach: Volunteer and provide support for children who have aged out of CPS.
- Provide dinner for a family on the first night of a placement
- Encourage Foster Families with weekly check-ins
- Support children by attending school and extracurricular events
- Run errands for the family if needed
- Provide prayer and encouragement
- Provide empathy and support toward foster family
- Be willing to listen and give advice when needed
- Share resources with family
- Help family with grief support at the end of a placement
- Provide support through the court process
Foster & Adoption Ministry: Wednesday Night Hangouts – The Foster & Adoption Ministry will be providing a meal to a group of foster kids every Wednesday night during the Student Ministry services. Come join us as we serve our community!
Date: Wednesday Nights
If you are interested in serving with us, click on the link below to fill out the background check!
Date: October 26th
Campus: Woodlands at Camp 45
This event is for families who are wanting to become a foster family or respite provider. Bring your Arrow application and let us help you complete it! Enjoy pizza while you work!
Date: October 26th
Are you currently a Foster Parent or have you adopted a child/children? We would love to have you join others who are walking the same road. Come and be encouraged, informed, and begin making those special connections that can help you on your journey. We will be meeting in the VIP Family Viewing Room in the Atrium at the Woodlands Campus from 7pm – 8pm. Childcare is available.
Date: Saturday, November 6th
Certification is required to become a Respite Provider for foster and adoptive families. Please join us as Arrow Family Ministries leads us through this process.
Dates: Friday, November 5th – Sunday, November 7th
Arrow Family Ministries will be leading this 3 day event of classes required to become a foster or adoptive family. If you cannot attend all events, you will still receive credit for those you do attend. Please register for classes as well for childcare.
November 5th: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
November 6th: 800am – 4:00pm
November 7th: 1:30pm – 6:00pm
One aspect of the Foster & Adoption Ministry is providing new foster and/or new adoptive families with much needed items for their new addition. They may not get much notice and don’t have time to prepare. That’s where you come in to help make the transition just a little easier. Follow this link to our Amazon registry, choose the item(s) and your purchase will be delivered to the WC Foster Closet. Be a blessing to someone today and help stock the Foster Closet!
WC Foster Closet
If you have questions please send an email to email@example.com.